Monday, July 13, 2009

I take to the air!

yes I did!..... This morning three of us took the most amazing flight over the whole area around Marree. We went out to Cooper Springs and did the area a bit south of Marree. The purpose in this was to get data regarding infra red images of the water courses, photographic and video images and relate them to the ground team's work on underground water, flow of water and evidence regarding underground water. These images will be available to us .
Luther ( trusty USA teacher), Keith ( teacher Brisbane) and MOI!!!!!!!
I have never travelled in a helicopter and never thought I woudl but I did and had someone come up with more money i would have done it again. This was excellent.
This was today's highlight and will submit some pics soon. In fact , I think if you check out the Mars Sopciety website( the web site I gave you at the beginning) you will find images that Guy has just uploaded. I havent got my computer with me at the moment and dont know if I can use it to date... will upload pics onto it tonite and the video I took.
Off to Lyndhurst this afternoon..... tomorrow we do Reedy Springs on the Strzlecki(?????) track. We travelled over the Oodnadatta one this morn.

Don't know if I will get on tomorrow but am hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment